Rail Users Ireland Forum

Rail Users Ireland Forum (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Irish Rail Discussion (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   The Leap Card Thread (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=14004)

Jack O'Neill 01-05-2012 15:53

Wonder would a complaint to Comreg be of any use! Phone users are being overcharged by the lack of this facility.

Roseanne 01-05-2012 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colm Moore (Post 67697)
There is a number, let me check.

You can of course use other contact means

Thanks for that. :) I did see that on the leapcard site but, when I try putting the +353 code in front of it, it didn't work. I did spot something on the Irish Rail contact page:

Quote:

For fares, train times and general information contact our Customer Information Centre on 1850 366 222.

If you are calling from outside the Republic of Ireland, please call us on +353 1 8366 222.
So I tried dialing +353 1 8824 824, which did ring but it just kept ringing with no answer and that was me phoning between the hours of 7am to 7pm. I'm coming over on Friday anyway so I'll just phone from there, I did that before and it worked.

Thanks again. :)

Mark Gleeson 01-05-2012 21:24

There is no logical mapping in the numbers despite the pattern with Irish Rail's numbers. There is without question a normal number just need to annoy someone to find it

Bit of a guess bit the number is likely to be something like 01 4xx xxxx based on the physical location of the call centre in Dublin

Alternatively you can call 353 1 879 8300 which is the main switch for the national transport authority and ask to be transfered

Roseanne 03-05-2012 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson (Post 67710)
There is no logical mapping in the numbers despite the pattern with Irish Rail's numbers. There is without question a normal number just need to annoy someone to find it

Bit of a guess bit the number is likely to be something like 01 4xx xxxx based on the physical location of the call centre in Dublin

Alternatively you can call 353 1 879 8300 which is the main switch for the national transport authority and ask to be transfered

Thanks very much, I have put that in my phone for future reference. :)

BTW regarding the credit on the leap cards, is it definitely two years before unused credit expires?

Thanks again. :)

Mark Gleeson 04-05-2012 06:06

2 years is what they say but its completely arbitrary, presumably its 24 months from last transaction

Roseanne 07-05-2012 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson (Post 67730)
2 years is what they say but its completely arbitrary, presumably its 24 months from last transaction

Thanks for that. :)

shweeney 22-06-2012 08:27

so my new short-hop ticket arrived. Still no Leap functionality on it... whats the delay?

Mark Gleeson 29-06-2012 19:58

2 Attachment(s)
Major steps forward in Leap card this month

Auto top up is under test and it works, even on Dublin Bus!
Attachment 1494
Irish Rail ticket machines are being upgraded for Leap, Docklands and Connolly have them and it looks like 1 extra station every second day will be added
Attachment 1493

markpb 30-06-2012 05:53

Great news! :-)

Is auto topup paid for by credit card or direct debit?

Mark Gleeson 30-06-2012 08:19

DD

bg07 01-07-2012 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson (Post 68398)
Major steps forward in Leap card this month

Auto top up is under test and it works, even on Dublin Bus!

Do you know when auto top up is expected to go public?

Mark Gleeson 02-07-2012 13:18

It's at least a month away

We have raised some reasonable issues with the NTA.

At the moment there is no way to check online or at a ticket machine that auto top up is actually live on a card

No receipts or notifications that a top up took place

Mark Gleeson 03-07-2012 15:48

Irish Rail ticket machines carrying the Leap logo also sell Leap cards

Mark Gleeson 04-07-2012 08:50

You should now be able to collect as Leap online top up at an Irish Rail ticket machine (Irish Rail's own smartcard system has supported this for ages), so no need to pass through the barrier to collect

24Green 05-07-2012 01:23

Great news about the new features. Any more information regarding capping?

karlr42 05-07-2012 13:45

The machines at Pearse seem to have been upgraded. I was able to add a topup to my Leap card. I hadn't activated the card since I got it in the post, so I presume the machine did that as well.

Mark Gleeson 05-07-2012 15:08

Card's which are not activated cannot be topped up online, but once used in a TVM or shop they should be fine.

Heuston, Tara, Connolly and Pearse is the current confirmed list.

The long running bug which we found nearly two years ago has finally be squashed. We could kill all smartcard features on a TVM in 10 seconds by confusing the machine during a top up. Total number of occurrences less than 10 but repeatable if you knew what to do.

Colm Moore 07-08-2012 18:37

[PR] Leap Card now available to purchase & top-up from DART & Commuter train stations

http://www.nationaltransport.ie/news...rain-stations/
Quote:

Another Leap Forward! Leap Card now available to purchase and top-up from DART and Commuter train stations
07/08/12

The National Transport Authority is pleased to announce that Leap Card, its integrated transport ticketing system for the Greater Dublin Area has just become even more convenient.

Leap Card can now be purchased and topped up at ticket machines at all DART and Commuter stations in the Short Hop Zone (Dublin to Balbriggan, M3 Parkway, Maynooth, Hazelhatch).

For more information see the Leap Card now available at ticket vending machines Press Release
http://www.nationaltransport.ie/wp-c...ss-Release.pdf
Quote:

ANOTHER LEAP FORWARD!
LEAP CARD NOW AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE AND TOP-UP FROM DART AND COMMUTER TRAIN STATIONS

The National Transport Authority is pleased to announce that Leap Card, its integrated transport ticketing system for the Greater Dublin Area has just become even more convenient.

Leap Card can now be purchased and topped up at ticket machines at all DART and Commuter stations in the Short Hop Zone (Dublin to Balbriggan, M3 Parkway, Maynooth, Hazelhatch).

Iarnród Éireann, in partnership with the National Transport Authority, has now upgraded ticket machines in all 53 stations to cater for Leap Card and this adds to the range of top-up options Leap Card customers already have: online at www.leapcard.ie , at Payzone outlets, and at Luas ticket machines.

Leap Card offers passengers value for money and greater convenience with every transaction. Leap Card is easy to use and hassle-free eliminating the need for correct change or frequent queuing at ticket machines for single tickets. With DART and Commuter Rail Services, Dublin Bus and Luas all on board, Leap Card users can enjoy hassle free savings of up to:
* 18% on DART and Commuter Rail services
* 17% on Luas
* 11% on Dublin Bus

In addition, all existing Luas and DART/Commuter Rail Smart Card holders can exchange their old Smart Card for a FREE Leap Card at www.leapcard.ie

Ends

Mark Gleeson 08-08-2012 08:39

Quote:

Rail users hit with extra charges due to Leap system bug

By Aideen Sheehan

Wednesday August 08 2012

COMMUTERS using Dublin's new integrated Leap ticket have been hit by extra charges after glitches at a number of DART stations.
http://www.independent.ie/national-n...g-3194310.html

This bug appeared after LEAP started, but effects both Leap and Irish Rail smartcards

karlr42 08-08-2012 10:24

Is this the "NOT_FOUND" error that breaks the purple reader poles(well aware of this problem unfortunately) or something else?