Rail Users Ireland Forum

Rail Users Ireland Forum (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Irish Rail Discussion (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New Timetable (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=8724)

sublimity 07-05-2009 17:05

New Timetable

September now? According to journey details on IR website.

sublimity 10-05-2009 11:29

Actually I refuse to believe that.. could be earlier, you just don't know with IR! Anyone's guess is as good as mine.

Mark Gleeson 10-05-2009 13:41

As far as I understand it the website timetable never holds a full years service, so periodically the expiry date moves forward

A logical date for a new timetable would be September with the return of schools and third level, the Summer is traditionally quiet

Don't expect major changes, only the Rosslare line is in line for a major change

KSW 10-05-2009 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson (Post 45007)
Don't expect major changes, only the Rosslare line is in line for a major change

And every customer on that line welcomes that news...:)

DangerM 11-05-2009 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson (Post 45007)

Do we have a rough idea on what changes to expect on the Rosslare line?

Mark 11-05-2009 10:05

Will these 'changes' be improvements or reductions?

Mark Gleeson 11-05-2009 10:09

The official line is no service reductions but I don't believe it

Rosslare should see more services

KSW 11-05-2009 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerM (Post 45020)
Do we have a rough idea on what changes to expect on the Rosslare line?

I expect time reductions, New trains, 100% Reliability, Dun Laoghaire station taken off stopping station for InterCity Rosslare. Extra 2 services each way to Wexford, Rosslare trains go no further than Connolly & start at Connolly. New timetable not the 13.35 or 18.35 but something new (i.e) 13.10 & 19.10

paddyb180285 23-06-2009 16:31

In fairness KSW, Dun Laoghaire Train Station is serviced by a large number of feeder bus routes such as the 46A not to mention, being next to a Ferry Port. On top of that, it has two large shopping centers, an abundance of clothes stores and it's also a very popular tourist attraction. Therefore, it should be serviced by ALL trains from ALL directions.

KSW 23-06-2009 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by paddyb180285 (Post 46436)
In fairness KSW, Dun Laoghaire Train Station is serviced by a large number of feeder bus routes such as the 46A not to mention, being next to a Ferry Port. On top of that, it has two large shopping centers, an abundance of clothes stores and it's also a very popular tourist attraction. Therefore, it should be serviced by ALL trains from ALL directions.

I have to disagree with you, What you mentioned above yes Dun Laoghaire is a large town of Dublin but Dun Laoghaire has DART train serving the town all day with Drogheda and Maynooth going to Bray stopping at Dun Laoghaire. I honestly do not think its fair making only three services to Rosslare & ex Rosslare to Dublin making that stop also when a DART train has been there 15mins before then another couple of minutes after the Rosslare train. Alot of people can disagree or agree with me but there you have it:p

ThomasJ 23-06-2009 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSW (Post 46437)
when a DART train has been there 15mins before then another couple of minutes after the Rosslare train. Alot of people can disagree or agree with me but there you have it:p

Not quiet fingers crossed have heard rumours that DART is returning to proper clockface timetable with DARTs every 10 minutes peak, every 15 minutes offpeak (even heard a rumour that the timetables might be built around the DART timetable). so there will be a small bit more squeeze on the connolly-DL stretch!

ThomasJ 23-06-2009 17:18

Sorry have to throw this in from boards have just seen this. The thread link is below!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...php?p=60346837

Quote:

As far as I'm aware, this will be addressed at the next timetable change with a clockface 15 minute frequency being introduced on DART (augmented at peak times), and all other services then being built around this.

It will have some implications for other services, such as Gorey/Rosslare services which will take a minimum 40 minutes to get from Connolly to Bray due to the DART headway being only approximately 10-12 minutes ahead.

Thus all of the long gaps in DART will be eradicated, and hopefully all other Connolly suburban routes will as a result develop clockface services also.

KSW 24-06-2009 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasJ (Post 46438)
Not quiet fingers crossed have heard rumours that DART is returning to proper clockface timetable with DARTs every 10 minutes peak, every 15 minutes offpeak (even heard a rumour that the timetables might be built around the DART timetable). so there will be a small bit more squeeze on the connolly-DL stretch

You know if Irish Rail want the Rosslare line to be used by more people going to (i.e)Wexford, then they are also going to have to listen to the Rosslare line passengers. Irish Rail say they will have Five services each way to Rosslare/Wexford so on their own phrase they really should think the best practical way for the Connolly/Bray section of track. I am not harsh, Every Rosslare line user knows how IE treat this line with lack of respect so to speak.
Bray to Connolly currently is perfect needs no changes because there is 15min gaps between DART/Rosslare. Connolly to Bray needs to be looked at, Its not impossible just feels like that with Irish Rail:p

Is there a rule in Irish Rail that does not permit a train to run a section of track Right track, Wrong track.?

ThomasJ 24-06-2009 17:25

So end of september now looks like for the new timetable

Current timetable now ends 26th September 2009!

sublimity 24-06-2009 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasJ (Post 46458)
So end of september now looks like for the new timetable

Current timetable now ends 26th September 2009!

Wouldn't pay much attention to that-it keeps changing every month on website. Could be end of August

Colm Moore 24-06-2009 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSW (Post 46450)
Is there a rule in Irish Rail that does not permit a train to run a section of track Right track, Wrong track.?

It can be done Haoth Junction - Dun Laoghaire, but it can introduce its own headaches.

ThomasJ 24-06-2009 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor (Post 46462)
It can be done Haoth Junction - Dun Laoghaire, but it can introduce its own headaches.

let alone the northbound trains it would hold up!

KSW 25-06-2009 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSW (Post 46450)

The reason why I asked is because if there was a solution to sort out Rosslare trains from Connolly Station to Bray without touching the DART timetable to have them travel only one step further than the DART by passing it out on the wrong track, Right track idea before a Northbound DART reaches. Could it work ~!

comcor 25-06-2009 14:54

I haven't been there in years, but IIRC, there's a third track at Dun Laoighaire, which faces to the North.

How much difficulty would there be in turning this into a through track so that DARTS could use it when being overtaken? From what I remember, there was the station building and a rail overbridge beyond it. Is there any realistic potential for connecting it through?

paddyb180285 25-06-2009 16:18

If clockface timetabling does come into effect, do you guys think that it will spell the end of the 09:06/09:10 Dalkey/Glenageary-Balbriggan service? Or do you think it will be the contrary, with more Commuter branded trains serving stations like these.

Personally, I would hate to see this handy number being taken out of service as it get's me into town far quicker! Plus, most of the people at Glenageary board this service when it arrives which must be well of 20 strong. A lot of times, I see two trains leaving Pearse Station at the evening heading for Bray only. One leaves at roughly 16:00 and the other one leaves at 16:55. These two trains should additionally call at Glenageary/Dalkey/Both in the new timetable.