Rail Users Ireland Forum

Rail Users Ireland Forum (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/index.php)
-   Drogheda-Balbriggan-Skerries-Donabate Line (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   short trains (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=3794)

John Ennis 12-02-2008 12:42

short trains

Hi all ,this is my first time using this site as i only found out about it.Please can someone explain why nearly every morning there is only four carriages on the 7.00am Droghedra-Dublin peak hour commuter. If this gets any worse we will be going moo

Padna 12-02-2008 13:41

I normally get the 0635 from Dundalk to Bray Tue to Fri mornings. I presume this is the same train as the 7 a.m. from Drogheda to Dublin that you mention. It nearly always has 8 carriages. It had 8 this morning.

John Ennis 12-02-2008 13:51

short train

Hi all,This is my first time on this site as i only found out about it yesterday anyway ,Please can anyone tell me why there is only four carriages nearly everyday on the Drogheda-Dublin commuter at 7.00am in the morning its so packed we will be going moo personally speaking I think its a real health and safety

ThomasJ 12-02-2008 13:55

where does that train go from/to?

John where are you travelling from?

Mark Gleeson 12-02-2008 14:07

Train in question should be a 8 coach train and is rostered as such

John Ennis 12-02-2008 14:09

short train

cant be the same train what station do you get on there was only four carriages all last week

Mark Gleeson 12-02-2008 14:16

6:35 Dundalk Bray has an arrival in Drogheda as 7:00 am

John Ennis 12-02-2008 15:53

train

Rush and Lusk station 06.58am every morning to connolly station

ThomasJ 12-02-2008 16:09

Aaaah the Rosslare Europort train!!!! It can be either a 4 coach or 6 coach train. Because of the destination it can't be any greater than 6 coaches long, because of shortage of railcars it tends to be more likely to be 4 coaches long. even as a six coach train there does tend not to be enough room!

It runs to Maynooth in the afternoon and it does be crushloads on that train too. Once Intercity Railcars begin to appear on the Rosslare line things hopefully will change and you will see 8 coaches on that service.

Mark Gleeson 12-02-2008 16:11

Thats not the 7am from Drogheda, thats the 6:31 Drogheda to Rosslare, which is rostered to be a 6 coach train

There is a shortage of railcars since the Sligo timetable change of Jan 21st which means there is 1 4 coach train in place of a 6 coach and one 6 coach in place of a 8 coach

This should be resolved within the next week of so, as we have been saying for nearly a year there simply aren't enough railcars in the fleet to sustain the current timetable, Irish Rail deny it all we can do is track the short ones and give people notice where possible

John Ennis 12-02-2008 16:16

trains

Thanks for the reply guys much appreciated

ThomasJ 12-02-2008 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson (Post 30573)
Thats not the 7am from Drogheda, thats the 6:31 Drogheda to Rosslare, which is rostered to be a 6 coach train

There is a shortage of railcars since the Sligo timetable change of Jan 21st which means there is 1 4 coach train in place of a 6 coach and one 6 coach in place of a 8 coach

This should be resolved within the next week of so, as we have been saying for nearly a year there simply aren't enough railcars in the fleet to sustain the current timetable, Irish Rail deny it all we can do is track the short ones and give people notice where possible

Mark, just thought I'd mention, when I was on the 19:29 Pearse Maynooth going home last night at Ashtown, What I thought looked like an 8 coach 29K train flew past on the opposite side heading for Connolly. This is the usual time the inbound Sligo train passes by there. I could be wrong, I did only get a glimpse for a second or two but it did look like a 8 coach to me.