Rail Users Ireland Forum

Rail Users Ireland Forum (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Irish Rail Discussion (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Online Booking at Stations with no TMV/Office (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=14448)

Jamie2k9 09-08-2012 16:41

Online Booking at Stations with no TMV/Office

Irish Rail are now allowing passengers to travel on there email confirmation from stations that there is no ticket office of TMV. Is this nationwide or just at Thomastown.

Mark Gleeson 09-08-2012 21:50

This is unofficial policy for specific stations only

Passenger must collect ticket later if making change en route

James Howard 10-08-2012 07:38

Groan. Will they ever learn?

How can something implemented on a website be unofficial policy?

doherty jack 10-08-2012 11:17

from all Nenagh line stations can now book online too ! :D they email you the ticket and when you get to your destination eg.heuston they print you a proper ticket then!:)

Traincustomer 10-08-2012 13:14

I see that online booking is now possible for a journey starting at both of the Rosslare stations. In the absence of any note on the website about this though I'd echo James' sentiments above and would be rather reluctant to either use or recommend this (much as I'd be keen to save the few €uro)

Appreciating the point about it being unofficial policy is it not possible in the interests of clarity and avoidance of potential misunderstandings for a note along the following lines to be stated:

"If you purchase ticket(s) online for a station where no ticket collection facility is available (i.e. your station is not included in the drop down list) you must print and carry your ticket confirmation with you and collect your ticket at the first available opportunity (destination/interchange station)."

Like the vast majority of passengers I merely seek a stated assurance that if I buy an online ticket and am unable to collect it (due to an absence of collection facilities) that I'm not going to encounter problems through no fault of my own.

doherty jack 12-08-2012 13:48

they havent installed it properly !! you still cant book from stations with no collection facillity !!

Traincustomer 12-08-2012 17:37

Well, it's allowing me through to step 4 of the booking process for a Rosslare-Dublin booking...

All in all it's a good move that the company are doing this.

doherty jack 12-08-2012 18:04

really ?

for Birdhill, cloughjordan & Roscrea , you cant get past stage 4 , was rosslare on list ? or has email ticketing come into place :confused:

Jamie2k9 12-08-2012 22:26

Quote:

really ?

for Birdhill, cloughjordan & Roscrea , you cant get past stage 4 , was rosslare on list ? or has email ticketing come into place
Don't take this the worng way but is there any point in opening reservatiosn for these stops as I don't see a benefit as with around 5 passengers why bother?

doherty jack 13-08-2012 09:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie2k9 (Post 68902)
Don't take this the worng way but is there any point in opening reservatiosn for these stops as I don't see a benefit as with around 5 passengers why bother?

jamie , if you want to improve passenger numbers you make thevservice better ! IE are stuck with this line , they dont want to make the already scare rail network smaller , there is alot of political will behind this railway .....

this is a great step for nenagh line passengers , the bewnefit is to improve numbers!

neoncircles 13-08-2012 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by doherty jack (Post 68905)
jamie , if you want to improve passenger numbers you make thevservice better ! IE are stuck with this line , they dont want to make the already scare rail network smaller , there is alot of political will behind this railway .....

this is a great step for nenagh line passengers , the bewnefit is to improve numbers!

You're disillusioned if you think this is the case...