Rail Users Ireland Forum

Rail Users Ireland Forum (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/index.php)
-   Commuter Services (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   new timetable screens at Connolly Station (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=9347)

ThomasJ 15-06-2009 09:30

new timetable screens at Connolly Station

At Connolly there are what looks like timetable screens.

They are about the size of an ordinary desktop screen, they are inside what looks like a cupboard and are spread out throughout connolly station.

At the moment the screens are turned on but all that is visable is the desktop.

Does anyone know anything about these and will they be read only or will the customer be able to touch the screen to get more information.

A few of these would be handy at stations like coolmine or clonsilla

Colm Moore 15-06-2009 13:55

It think they might be a replacement for the existing ones which are difficult to see, because they suffer badly from glare.

James Shields 15-06-2009 20:11

I have to laugh at the Windows XP desktops they're currently displaying. The cabinets have "Arrivals" or "Departures" printed on them, so I assume that's what they'll be. I don't think they're touch screens, but can't be certain.

ThomasJ 15-06-2009 20:27

Yep they are the ones i am talking about i dont know why arrivals and departures they should be north and south.

ThomasJ 02-07-2009 09:57

The new timetable screens are now in action at the connolly platforms 5/6/7 area (beside the elevator) Am not sure about the other area

Its good to see these around connolly they are needed but they should be down near platforms 6 and 7 and maybe there should be 1 screen for each platform

Mark Gleeson 02-07-2009 10:13

The current plasma screens are fine when there are only two platforms but are not much good in Connolly. That said they are colour coded, give the trains current location, its ID number, the current time but strangely no platform number

These new displays are not the greatest, all well and good to say train due 22:22 but what is the current time?

ThomasJ 07-07-2009 21:14

Quote:

These new displays are not the greatest, all well and good to say train due 22:22 but what is the current time?

the screens have been down for the last couple of days. The ones in the arch to platforms five , six and seven are back on and they now show the time !

Mark Gleeson 07-07-2009 21:15

Amazing coincidence that eh? ;)

ThomasJ 07-07-2009 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson (Post 46909)
Amazing coincidence that eh? ;)

yep i thought that !:D

drumcondra commuter 08-07-2009 10:42

am I right in saying that the Irish and English on the text above the screens do not match?

ThomasJ 19-08-2009 16:45

More or less they are fully up and running now in Connolly, For the departures there are 2 screens together so you can see a larger number of departures and there is also a screen for the arrivals in the main station hall.

It also shows the current time!

luasifer 21-08-2009 00:47

I was in Connolly Station today and noticed the new signage etc. I also noticed that on all the doors coming into the station from the lower level (on both IFSC and Amiens Street sides) it says "Connolly Staion". This is surely a huge oversight and whoever put this text on the glass doors should have noticed it

ThomasJ 21-08-2009 01:05

Ah will have to keep an eye out on that. Thats a classic! :D [ps well spotted !]

ThomasJ 25-10-2009 19:39

Just to let you know the new mini timetable screens and the large departures board at connolly are not showing the correct information.

It appears the system is an hour out of sync.

For instance on arrival at connolly the board states the next train to maynooth, the 19.50 is cancelled. There is no 19.50 to maynooth.

The 19.37 connolly maynooth is running as normal.

The older status screens and the pis screens on the platforms are showing the correct data.

Thomas Ralph 25-10-2009 20:38

Someone forgot to put the clocks back I'll wager...

ThomasJ 26-10-2009 22:10

The main departures screen was knocked off only showing intercity information.

The correct times were showing on the new mini depature screens but they were showing for a normal weekday.

It was funny when i was leaving connolly station i saw at least five people look at the timetable screen outside connolly station and run for the non-existant 16:20 connolly maynooth.

Also the platform information screens at connolly platforms 3 & 4 were showing the 17:15 longford and the 16:20 maynooth services. Phoenix park pis was also showing weekday information.

dowlingm 29-10-2009 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Ralph (Post 50391)
Someone forgot to put the clocks back I'll wager...

Or, if Embedded Windows is the OS, the correct DST patch has not been applied.

ThomasJ 20-04-2010 18:52

new timetables at connolly! [platforms 6 and 7]

as the title suggests new timetables have gone up on the platform six/seven island at connolly.

Of course they resemble the timetables you see at blackrock and are less than half the size of the timetables at tara street and pearse.

They also dont list the platforms trains will serve.

Colm Moore 21-04-2010 06:51

I was looking at them the other day and for once they were all within a minute of each other.

tigger1962 22-04-2010 07:41

they were displaying some nice jvm errors last week :D