Rail Users Ireland Forum

Rail Users Ireland Forum (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/index.php)
-   General Irish Rail Discussion (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   what you would like to see in 2012 (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=14034)

ThomasJ 31-12-2011 13:54

what you would like to see in 2012

So 2011 is coming to a close!

Happy new year all, best wishes for 2012!

That out of the way, here's a thought.

If there was one new years resolution or wish you would like to see Irish rail do in 2012 what would it be?

Ill start! I want to see improved customer service (including real time) on the maynooth line. Its long overdue!

comcor 31-12-2011 16:04

I'd like to see an external operator come in to reopen Rosslare-Waterford. Only a small part of the network and a small number of passengers, but in terms of long term strategy, it would change everything.

KSW 31-12-2011 20:56

Dublin/Rosslare departures every Two hours,Last train departing Connolly will be 19.30

Destructix 31-12-2011 23:39

Would hope the intercity fare increases don't exceed 5% which they probably will. Would like to see removal of these 2700 sets on the Limerick-Limerick Junction service. Would like to see the Limerick Junction-Waterford line having a commuter service from Templemore-Carrick on Suir even a link to Waterford is possible, and a Sunday service on this line. This would quadruple the numbers using that train.

sublimity 01-01-2012 14:00

Would like to see ALL Sligo services InterCity.

Longer InterCity trains (certain services) on Rosslare line with the aid of SDO.

Jamie2k9 01-01-2012 14:42

Is the entreprise getting generator vans to power the train?

Just a few weeks when leaving Heuston there was one spared in the entreprise colours and looked like it had a complete refit, guessing its one of the old Mark3 ones.

James Howard 02-01-2012 16:02

My top few

1. I would like to see my evening train make it less than 10 minutes late more than once a week.
2. I would like to see the power sockets working somewhat consistently.
3. I would like to see some reliability in 22k operation for the 1805 Connolly to Longford
4. Perhaps somebody could spend a bit of the car park revenue on a bit of enforcement on stopping Mammies picking up college students from blocking the station and car park entrances.
5. Irish Rail staff and one or two able-bodied passengers dodging charges by abusing passes could stop parking in disabled spaces.
6. Irish Rail could protect their paying customers by putting the odd ticket inspector on at random - perhaps they could combine this with slightly more reasonable fares when travelling short distances. You would want to be mad to pay nearly 8 euro for a day return from Longford to Edgeworthstown (9 miles by road) especially when you know the trains where there won't be an inspector.

DangerM 03-01-2012 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSW (Post 65616)
Dublin/Rosslare departures every Two hours,Last train departing Connolly will be 19.30

+ 1

finnyus 03-01-2012 11:41

Timetables & Frequency

I'd like to see timetables displayed at each East Cork station, which are weather proof and are up-to-date. Currently Glounthaune and Cobh have timetables displayed. ......Carrigtwohill still has the 2009 timetable displayed.

I'd like to see an hourly service operating on a Sunday on the East Cork lines from 1200 until COB.

The removal of the padding in the timetables.

Ron Burgundy 05-01-2012 16:38

I'd like to get the service i pay for.

Trains on time, up to date information, proper customer service.

Also a stop to irish rail staff sitting in the 1st class of the cork service with their feet up on the seats;)

Ballymore 06-01-2012 16:39

Working power sockets for starter and as a bonus can we have an electric shock for any 'day trippers' who put shopping bags on seats on busy commuter trains :D

Jamie2k9 06-01-2012 17:17

Quote:

electric shock for any 'day trippers' who put shopping bags on seats on busy commuter trains
Im sure if you asked most would move them and if they don't ask do they have a ticket for that seat. Staff say it enough on the Waterford trains. If you are taking up two seats you must have two tickets.