Rail Users Ireland Forum

Rail Users Ireland Forum (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/index.php)
-   Commuter Services (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Annual/Monthly Tickets (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=7245)

Chieftain 10-03-2009 22:05

Annual/Monthly Tickets

Hi folks, just wondering if anyone could tell me the price of an annual or monthly rail ticket for the Killarney-Cork route. I will be starting to commute next month and cant find any info on how much it is going to cost. Also is there a combined bus/rail ticket as I will have to get a Bus Eireann bus to where in Cork i'm going when I get off the train. thanks

Mark Gleeson 10-03-2009 22:13

Its going to be 270 euro a month or 2,700 for a year. Irish Rail don't quote it currently but will upon request

The combined Irish Rail + Bus Eireann is 3,800 but that includes all trains everywhere plus all Bus Eireann services

There are strong rumors of cutbacks on the morning Tralee Cork services so now may not be a good time to buy

Chieftain 10-03-2009 23:54

thanks for that....god i really hope the service isnt cutback as i would have no way of getting to cork on time then as i don't drive. Do you think the early morning killarney-cork train (05:59) would be a likely one to be cut?

Mark Gleeson 11-03-2009 10:50

The word is the 5:25 to Cork will be canceled and the 7:15 to Dublin will move back to 6:15-6:25 ish

So its very hard to know really. Needless to say management are the problem, no shortage of passengers.

Chieftain 11-03-2009 11:44

oh god, that would be a complete disaster for me as i would have absolutely no way of getting to work. is that pretty definite or can some lobbying be done

dowlingm 11-03-2009 14:22

If only a State Transportation Company existed which could offer a bus alternative to a withdrawn rail service... instead of a State Transportation Company where the bus subsidiary competes with the rail subsidiary.

comcor 11-03-2009 16:20

If the changes as described by Mark did go into place, the 6:15 from Tralee would leave Killarney at around 6:50 and get you into Cork for 8:25. You'd have to change in Mallow though instead of having a direct service.

As an aside, if someone had an annual ticket and found that all suitable services were withdrawn, would they be entitled to a refund?

Thomas Ralph 11-03-2009 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by comcor (Post 42711)
As an aside, if someone had an annual ticket and found that all suitable services were withdrawn, would they be entitled to a refund?

I imagine you would as a matter of consumer law.

hoopsheff 21-04-2009 15:38

had to take my ticket out of the plastic folder today for the first time since i got it (to put it into Heuston's shiny new ticekt machines)....half the picture/writing is now on the inside of the plastic folder :mad: you can barely read the ticket now without the folder :mad:

Oisin88 21-04-2009 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsheff (Post 44468)
had to take my ticket out of the plastic folder today for the first time since i got it (to put it into Heuston's shiny new ticekt machines)....half the picture/writing is now on the inside of the plastic folder :mad: you can barely read the ticket now without the folder :mad:

Same happened mine. The printing was crap this year!

hoopsheff 22-04-2009 07:58

can the tickets be exchanged anywhere...got some strange looks off the ticket inspector this morning...and that was off the nice lad....cant wait till the grumpy lad sees it! :eek:

Mark Gleeson 22-04-2009 08:01

They can be

Customer service desk Heuston they should have the form and they should be able to arrange for you to collect the replacement a few days later, thats the theory.

Well I've heard ticket inspectors discuss that, they needed more forms it appeared

hoopsheff 22-05-2009 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopsheff (Post 44468)

I've tried unsuccessfully to have my ticket changed. I asked at the customer service desk at Heuston to change it...they gave me a number of Ronan Murphy in Abbey Street (which i see the office has closed!) on 01 7034003. Every time i ring this number it goes straight to voicemail....i've left messages every couple of days but havent yet gotten a response....and in the meanwhile i'm now starting to get hassles from the ticket checkers onboard the train/ luas.

robdrysdale 22-05-2009 12:27

They've moved and Ronan seems to have been replaced by Gary. You'd think they have a proper system where by a move or change of personnel doesn't bring the whole system down but it seems not.

Anyway, here's a copy paste of email they sent around with new communication details. Maybe this could be added somewhere on the website so that it's not such insider info.

Quote:

Dear Taxsaver Administrator,

I refer to previous letter forwarded to all companies on 22nd April last. The TaxSaver Sales Office has relocated from Abbey Street to Connolly Station (entrance to the public through black door at Corner of Amiens St & Sheriff St).

All correspondence should be forwarded to TaxSaver Sales, Connolly Station, Dublin 1. All couriers should be directed to black door at Corner of Amiens St & Sheriff St .

All queries regarding Annual & Monthly TaxSaver Commuter Tickets should be forwarded to 01 7034639.

Kind regards,

Gary Dunphy
Sales Department
Connolly Station
Amien Street
Dublin 1

T: (01) 7034694
F: (01) 7034695

E: gary.dunphy@irishrail.ie

hoopsheff 25-05-2009 07:24

Many thanks for that robdrysdale