Rail Users Ireland Forum

Rail Users Ireland Forum (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/index.php)
-   Rail Users Ireland Canteen (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Best/worst movie/tv quotes (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=1316)

Thomas J Stamp 29-09-2006 10:20

Best/worst movie/tv quotes

Please post your favourites:

One of mine:

"We've gone on holiday by mistake"

PaulM 29-09-2006 10:56

That is one of my favourites too.

My choice is from 'The big Lebowski' I can't post it here in full due to language.

When Jesus is telling the Dude how they are going to win the game of bowling and Dude replies:

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. "

If you haven't see the movie you wont get it.

ccos 29-09-2006 11:52

"That John Denver was full of s**t"

Dumb and Dumber

John. 29-09-2006 12:00

"Excuse me, Mr. sniper sir...." Mel Gibson - Lethal Weapon.

Colm Donoghue 29-09-2006 13:03

There that Outta do it

Who *are* those guys?

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid

sandraoh 29-09-2006 13:26

I can think of the worst movie quote ever

"is it still raining? I hadn't noticed"
Four weddings and a funeral

DRIVES ME MAD!

Mark Hennessy 29-09-2006 14:28

"I don't get tough with anyone Mr Gittes.
My lawyer does."

Faye Dunaway in Chinatown

As for Withnail, my god how I love that movie, I wont get started here on the quotes!

Derek Wheeler 29-09-2006 16:04

"Im Luke Skywalker and Im here to rescue you"
Star Wars.

Cringeworthy.

weehamster 04-10-2006 20:07

Colonel Kilgore - "Smell that? You smell that?"
Lance Johnson - What?
Colonel Kilgore - "Napalm, son. Nothing in the world smells like that." [kneels down]
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..." [Colonel Kilgore unhappily walks off]

Classic. :D

Derek Wheeler 04-10-2006 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandraoh

DRIVES ME MAD!

Its a "chic flic". Why does it drive you mad?

Eh..please add smilie to this...in case Im accused of being sexist.

And did you know that the annoying "wet wet wet" theme tune was not included on the USA print of this film. Elton Johns' "get me to the church on time" was chosen.

Colm Donoghue 05-10-2006 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandraoh

DRIVES ME MAD!
my wife seconds you Sandra. She hates it too.

Navan Junction 05-10-2006 18:46

How times have changed..

Nobody quote ET anymore?

Shrek and Buzz-light year killed him...

sean 08-10-2006 17:58

My favourite movie quote of all time comes from the movie "Demolition Man" in which the title character, "Demolition Man" Detective John Spartan, is played by Sylvester Stallone.

A botched hostage rescue sees both himself and his arch enemy villain sentenced to 70 years in cryostasis, but the villain, Simon Phoniex played by Wesley Snipes myseteriously makes a violent escape so the police decide to release and reinstate John Spartan.

So he wakes up in 2036 to find himself in kind of a communist utopia where Los Angeles and San Diego metroplexes have merged to become San Andreas, a very pleasent place to live in, comfortable, clean, efficent, peaceful, but with many more laws restricting freedom - petroleum (cars drive on gel batteries), chocolate, red meat, tobacco, alcohol, salt and bad language have all been banned.

Bad Language is covered in law by the "Verbal Morality Statute" and is enforced by a network of machines that issue tickets and fines to anyone it hears breaking it.

So as you can imagine, Sly racks up a few credits in fines until he gets to grips with it, but at one stage, he gets really annoyed, walks up to a machine in the police station where he works and says "Thanks a lot you s*** brained, f*** faced, b*** brained, duck f***ing pain in the a**."

All the while the machine, (with the megalomanic leaders voice synthesised) says:
"BEEP: John Spartan you are fined ..."
"BEEP: John Spartan you ..."
"BEEP: John ..."
"BEEP: John Spartan ..."
"BEEP: Jphn Spartan you are fined 5 credits for repeated violations of the Verbal Morality Statute."

That was a great movie.

2Funki4Wheelz 10-10-2006 15:49

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Steve Martin as 'Ruprecht' the Monkey Boy, sitting at a posh dinner with Michael Caine and a 'future' wife he is trying to get rid of.

Ruprecht: 'Excuse me, may I go to the bathroom?'
Michael Caine : 'Yes Ruprecht, you may.'

Ruprecht squirms in his seat, pulls a relieved face and sighs:
'Thank you'.

End of wedding plans:D

Aphfaneire 15-10-2006 14:17

I have to agree even though im a guy that "Is it rainy, i hadnt noticed" is the worst line in chic flick history, it ruined a perfectly good movie, bar wet wet wet of course:mad:

But i think the worst line in an action movies, and one we should all hate has to be from Con Air, when Cage's lead carrector Cameran Poe says "Put the bunny pack in the box!". Such a good movie, and yet Cage's worst performance because of the worst puns ever written:confused:

Derek Wheeler 15-10-2006 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aphfaneire
But i think the worst line in an action movies, and one we should all hate has to be from Con Air, when Cage's lead carrector Cameran Poe says "Put the bunny pack in the box!". Such a good movie, and yet Cage's worst performance because of the worst puns ever written:confused:

Only watched it again the other night. While I used to love action movies, it is up there with the corniest. This Genre has died, been buried and then got reincarnated in the shape of its former self. Film making by numbers. But great quotes. Lets go with the obvious action movie quotes from the accepted forebearers in no particular order.

1. Die Hard - Bruce Willis - "yippee kiyay motherf**ker". BOORRRIINNNGG.

2. Rambo 3 - Russian dude - "who does this man think he is....god?" Rambo's mentor - "No. God would have mercy". Great when your 17, but downright crap when you mature to a point of no return.

3. Tango & Cash (remember that one) - Kurt Russel and his famous "FUBAR". (f**Ked up beyond all recognition) Didn't laugh then and don't laugh now.

Over to the floor.........

PaulM 16-10-2006 09:29

"Officer! Come over here so I can spit in your eye." - Ghosts of the civil dead.

Derek Wheeler 16-10-2006 23:53

Deathwish 2.

Charles Bronson with a gun, pointed at thug who raped and killed his daughter, and noticing a crucifix around thugs neck.

"Do you believe in Jesus?"

Thug (clasping crucifix) " Yea man, I believe in Jesus."

Bronson: "Good....coz you're gonna meet him"

BANG!

Love it.:D

Derek Wheeler 17-10-2006 00:00

Okay, Im rolling now.

Little known Irish film called, The Courier:D starring Gabriel Byrne, Ian Bannen, Andrew Connolly and Cait O'Riordan of the Pogues. (1987)

Andrew Connolly is Cait O' Riordan's sister in the movie. Connolly is a junkie. Both are sitting in a coffee shop. Connolly asks O'Riordan for money, she asks "why?" and he replies, with one of the most badly written and ill conceived lines, Ive ever heard.

(In a thick Dublin accent) "I don't ask ya wha your doin.... or who your screwin." (absolutely stupid)

From the same movie.

Gabriel Byrnes character was called Val and he was the head honcho drug dealer. At one point he passes a typical and cynical Dub. The "extra" utters the classic line....

"Uncle Val, the junkies pal." (one of the few good lines)