Rail Users Ireland Forum

Rail Users Ireland Forum (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/index.php)
-   Dublin Rosslare (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Six-car sets (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=4185)

sublimity 06-05-2008 11:24

Six-car sets
 
Will there be a six car set allocated to the dublin-rosslare line? like 2x 3 car sets on the sligo line at the moment cos i know the proper six car sets haven't arrived yet. I Think at least one sevice to rosslare should be in a six car format. Really hope this happens.

I presume the new sevice to gorey stating today is only a 3 car set?

Mark Gleeson 06-05-2008 11:33

2 car cars, 1 6 car, as the line is somewhat shared with the Sligo service it might become 2 6 car and 1 3 car

KSW 06-05-2008 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublimity (Post 33019)
Will there be a six car set allocated to the dublin-rosslare line? like 2x 3 car sets on the sligo line at the moment cos i know the proper six car sets haven't arrived yet. I Think at least one sevice to rosslare should be in a six car format. Really hope this happens.

I presume the new sevice to gorey stating today is only a 3 car set?

I just parked my car at connolly and seen a commuter 29000 displaying gorey. If this is the case i am over going to travel on IE again.

ThomasJ 06-05-2008 15:44

So the Rosslare line will get six-coaches. Do all the stations have platforms to take them. Also is a 6-set 22k set much bigger if bigger than a six-coach a six-coach 2800 set?

WRT to the Sligo line has it converted to 100% 22k operation today?

KSW 06-05-2008 15:50

The 16.40 train is a 29000 what happened to "operated by the new intercity railcars" If IE can get a commuter train 4 this service then they are not short of trains. The more I think about it they done this on purpose to get passengers onto this service prove me wrong otherwise.. I am so frustrated with IE im sure the other guy is to with his camera. Well no more trains for me..... There was a 3x2 set pulled into platform 4 im sick..
this service never displayed on any of stations along the way

ThomasJ 06-05-2008 15:54

Anyone notice what is missing? Interesting...

Quote:

New Gorey Commuter Service Starts by Corporate Communications

Tuesday 6th May

A new daily Gorey Commuter Service started today. The extra service will depart Connolly at 16:40hrs, serving Tara Street, Pearse, and all Co Wicklow stations from Bray to Arklow, arriving in Gorey at 18.33hrs.

A return service will operate from Gorey at 19:23hrs, arriving in Dublin at 21.18hrs.

The additional service increases evening commuting options for Co Wicklow and Gorey commuters, with services departing Dublin at 16.40hrs, 17.25hrs and 18.37hrs.

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/...ew&news_id=369

KSW 06-05-2008 16:14

Smart ****s!! They waited until the service departed to announce Daily commuter service in otherwards they knew what train it was going to be.

ThomasJ 06-05-2008 17:29

i'm suprised that given the speed restriction that would have applied to that service. ie length of time it takes to get to bray, stuck behind darts etc I would have thought that the best service to run the intercity railcars would have been the 13:05 Connolly Rosslare and not the 16:40.

Colm Moore 06-05-2008 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasJ (Post 33038)
Anyone notice what is missing? Interesting...

Thats its commuter not intercity?

KSW 06-05-2008 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasJ (Post 33040)
I would have thought that the best service to run the intercity railcars would have been the 13:05 Connolly Rosslare and not the 16:40.

I dont think we will get the railcars on the 16:40 service I dont believe IE anymore... They avertise the 16:40 as New intercity railcars but when u go to the platform there is a commuter train whats going on with this people....:mad:

ThomasJ 06-05-2008 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor (Post 33041)
Thats its commuter not intercity?

There was a distinctive one line in the press release last week that is missing from todays one. Got it yet?

Mark Gleeson 06-05-2008 18:50

http://www.railusers.ie/forum/showpo...53&postcount=7

The internal timetable clearly says it will be a 3 coach railcar

sublimity 06-05-2008 21:53

I'm angry with IE for lying to the public about todays inaugural 16.40 service to Gorey being operated by the 'new intercity railcars' but in a way i'm glad- it makes more sense for them to be used on the 1305 to rosslare as this is a full intercity journey. maybe they've changed their minds and decided to do this and keep the commuter train for the gorey service.

ThomasJ 06-05-2008 22:02

Nah i have my doubts. I have a feeling that that lone 29k set that has been haunting the sligo intercity line has finally been placed elsewhere .....

KSW 06-05-2008 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson (Post 33045)
http://www.railusers.ie/forum/showpo...53&postcount=7

The internal timetable clearly says it will be a 3 coach railcar

Well they made themselfs look bad today.. There was a guy with a camera at connolly then at Gorey Ger Lacey was there to take a picture for the Gorey Guardian but the face on him as with the guy who's in charge of the station was :mad: and me to...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sublimity (Post 33050)
I'm angry with IE for lying to the public about todays inaugural 16.40 service to Gorey being operated by the 'new intercity railcars' but in a way i'm glad- it makes more sense for them to be used on the 1305 to rosslare as this is a full intercity journey. maybe they've changed their minds and decided to do this and keep the commuter train for the gorey service.

Did the Railcars operate the 13:05 Rosslare service?

Edward Ryan 06-05-2008 23:27

I travelled on the new 16:40 from Pearse this evening. No mention of it to be found on the platform monitors. It arrived 5 late and it was well loaded. I agree with KSW about the advertised 22 being a no show although I am glad that we do indeed have the new 1640 up and running.

I asked the ticket inspector where the new train was and he informed me that not all the Gorey line drivers are trained up on the new trains yet. Why is this taking so long?

Ed

ThomasJ 07-05-2008 17:02

Well the 29k set is still running on the sligo line. It operates the 9:05 ex connolly and the 13:00 return from sligo.

Given the return arrives back in connolly around 16:00 thats probably whats been used on the 16:40 gorey service

Mark Gleeson 07-05-2008 17:07

Thats the only reason a 22k is planned for the 16:40, in reality a 29k is suitable for all commuter services

There is no time advantage 22k vs 29k on the Rosslare line with current speed limits

KSW 07-05-2008 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson (Post 33070)
Thats the only reason a 22k is planned for the 16:40, in reality a 29k is suitable for all commuter services

There is no time advantage 22k vs 29k on the Rosslare line with current speed limits

I thought all Sligo services where operated by IC Railcars. If the 09:00 ex Connolly is a 22k then the evening Gorey will be a 22k. Well in that case all Sligo services are not IC operated are they and IE are giving its passengers false information........

Its not the time but its the fact that it was'nt a new train..

Thomas J Stamp 14-05-2008 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSW (Post 33071)
I thought all Sligo services where operated by IC Railcars. If the 09:00 ex Connolly is a 22k then the evening Gorey will be a 22k. Well in that case all Sligo services are not IC operated are they and IE are giving its passengers false information........

Its not the time but its the fact that it was'nt a new train..

A few points arise.

1. The Intercity Railcar will be introduced when they get the staffing issue sorted as this trian in effect runs from sligo.

2. I have massive expirance of these trains now. Along with some others (not members of RUI) I say these trains will be in need of a very quick mid life refurbishment. Leaving aside my feelings on their drabness, they are clearly sub standard compaired to the CDE. After a few years of them the only differnece with a 29K will be the location of the doors.

3. Your font is giving me a headache.


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:48.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.