[30-07-2011] Dublin - Galway/Westport
Nothing major wrong, just the usual IR confusion:
- Seat reservation displays not working
- Platform displays say the rear 3 are going to Galway but the driver says change in Athlone for Galway
- People are sitting in the wrong seats because their reserved seats are in the front 3 but they're going to Galway and assumed the platform displays were correct
In train announcements are odd
- It only ever says its going to Galway, mention of Westport even though that's where the train is actually going
- Approaching Kildare, it said it was the 8.30 from Heuston instead of the 7.30
- Approaching the second stop, it played the welcome on board message.
- Approaching Tullamore, it played the "leaving in 2 minutes" announcement
To his credit, whoever is doing the manual announcements is clear, helpful and brief.
Clearly the driver entered the 8:30 departure code which would explain everything as Tullamore would be about 60 minutes out
I've seen Galway/Westport on the external display so it is possible
That said old fashioned seat cards seem to work perfectly in the UK can't see why they can't be used in circumstances where reservations are likely to be a problem
The 07:30 goes direct Westport July/August with a change at Athlone for Galway Mon-Fri and this is shown in the online timetable
|All times are GMT. The time now is 10:06.|
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.