Rail Users Ireland Forum

Rail Users Ireland Forum (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/index.php)
-   Dublin Waterford (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Lost group booking (http://www.railusers.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=2457)

kevin 11-05-2007 14:29

Lost group booking

18:25 Heuston-Waterford - Someone forgots to put up the reserved stickers for a carriage full of seconday school girls. Chaos ensues ...

I felt really sorry for the teachers trying to keep track of groups of 3-6 spread out accross the train. It was newbridge before they were 100% sure they actually had all the students.

Girl: Hey, Can I get on me BEBO on your laptop?
Me: It doesn't have any internet acccess...
Girl: Pretty crap laptop then. huh?

kevin

Mark Gleeson 11-05-2007 14:39

Of course the rules say that group bookings are only permitted at off peak times

kevin 11-05-2007 14:46

The only non-peak trains Heuston - Waterford are the 07:30 and the 11:35.

Everything else is almost always full. 15:05, 16:25 & 18:35

You'd actually cause more chaos on either of the 15:05 or especially the 16:25 if you reserved a carriage.

At least the 18:25 has a reserved/first carriage which is where a good chunk of them ended up.

kevin

2Funki4Wheelz 11-05-2007 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin (Post 21125)
Girl: Hey, Can I get on me BEBO on your laptop?
Me: It doesn't have any internet acccess...
Girl: Pretty crap laptop then. huh?

BEBO. Groan. If hating BEBO & myspace makes me old and not with it, I'm glad to be old and not with it.

/ot

Derek Wheeler 11-05-2007 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2Funki4Wheelz (Post 21128)
BEBO. Groan. If hating BEBO & myspace makes me old and not with it, I'm glad to be old and not with it.

/ot

CHRIST!!!!

You're not into BEBO, MYSPACE, YOUTUBE and ****????? You are soooooo old like. You just gotta get with it girl. This is where it all happens.

*Derek runs off to check his BEBO account, then update his Myspace page with pics of Justin Timerlake and stuff and over to YouTube to upload great shots of his mates puking on the platform in Athlone*

Its great to be young.:eek:

Apologies for ignoring the serious topic set out above, but quiet frankly IEs ineptitude in all matters like this bores me rigid. Its almost expected at this stage. Life would be futile without it.

Colm Moore 14-05-2007 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson (Post 21126)
Of course the rules say that group bookings are only permitted at off peak times

I can understand only allowing group discounts off peak and not being able to specificly facilitate groups at peak times, but surely it makes sense to keep a group like that together* for everbody's sanity, especially when departing from the terminus.

* Preferably next to the loco, on a soon to derail train?

Oisin88 14-05-2007 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor (Post 21165)
I can understand only allowing group discounts off peak and not being able to specificly facilitate groups at peak times, but surely it makes sense to keep a group like that together* for everbody's sanity, especially when departing from the terminus.

* Preferably next to the loco, on a soon to derail train?

The 08:20 to Westport frequently has groups of noisy children on board. Hard to take at that time of the morning. They used to reserve the end carriage for them. They recently seem to have stopped which means you get them running amok on the train and throwing newspapers at other passengers.

dowlingm 15-05-2007 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek Wheeler (Post 21134)
You're not into BEBO, MYSPACE, YOUTUBE and ****?????

Don't forget Facebook - 'tis the latest ting boy. (Not to mention that Bebo looks like it was designed in crayon)

Thomas J Stamp 15-05-2007 16:27

i think you mean faceparty.

You old fart.