View Single Post
Unread 05-01-2007, 14:16   #10
portarlington_user
Regular Poster

Just on the customer service stuff -

I buy weekly tickets and prefer going to the station over the weekend and buying it in advance rather than queuing up for ages on a monday morning. The last 2 times I did this I called at about 8 on a sunday evening and was told I couldn't use my laser card cos the machine was 'shut off' and to come back tomorrow. The 2nd time I was asked did I have my ID card, which in fairness I didn't have, but my argument was a) he was the same guy who gave it to me in the first place and b)he sees me with it nearly every day or at least on the days when they check your ticket on the way into the station, AND every other time I buy the weekly ticket from him. When I said all that he shrugged his shoulders, sorry, can't help you, he was very ignorant.

Fair enough, if their policy is that I can't buy it without the ID that's fine, but they should at least enforce this company-wide, as the guys in the ticket office in Heuston let me buy them based on my old annual ticket which has your photo on it anyway. And now that I think about it, why do you need an ID card just to buy a weekly ticket anyway?

On a good note the ticket guy on the 05:30 hours cork train this week is really nice, if he checks your ticket on a monday he remembers you and doesn't ask you for it again for the rest of the week!
portarlington_user is offline   Reply With Quote