View Single Post
Unread 22-01-2007, 14:10   #20
Nigel Fitzgricer
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas J Stamp View Post
Sure, I agree, but what about the others points I made?
I either agreed with some, or passed others as I did not see them as a major concern which can't be dealth with.

Quote:
In any event, the real story here is the shorehorning of a badly needed hospital into a place where it should not go. Deciding on the location first and then dreaming up short term train stations to service it is putting the cart before the horse.
hmm, not sure about that. Have to think about it more...we talking Dorset Street here in more of less the centre of a European capital city with a potential to bring in passengers from all over for Croker and the Mater. It's not a greenfield location so there are plenty of urban synergies which automatically add a viablility factor to this idea and if it starts the ball rolling towards getting trains running through the PPT then I personally would be on that bandwagon right off that mark - but that's just me, as I have spent many years working on the PPT route so I admit there is an emotional factor which I am being driven along by to a certian extent as well.

Quote:
I mean, why not put it in Adamstown? How about on the Outer Ring Road? Plenty of other places to put it.
Because the Mater is the sight which is 99.9% likely to happen.