Thread: NEW TRAINS!
View Single Post
Unread 15-12-2007, 23:16   #74
sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Ryan View Post
I would like to comment on the Rosslare lines current train the 28 class.

While they may not be Intercity they are the best trains to work the line for years. The old intercity was old and clapped out the heating never worked the toilets were no better I for one was glad to see the back of them.

As for the commuter train that split in two outside Enniscorthy these were the 27 class and were totally unable for the Rosslare line.

The 28 may be no BMW but they are warm the toilets seem to work and the seats are comfortable. We could have worse!

Most of the journeys that I made where things went wrong were of those awful 29 class trains. Heating on these trains is a rare event. The toilets are always out of order.They rock shake and shudder along the tracks. The 22 trains will certainly be welcomed with open arms whenever they do arrive on the line. In the mean time the ol faithfull 28 will keep us moving.

Ed
I hear ya' bro. My thoughts exactly. On one occasion I had to use the Longford Commuter service (which is something I normally avoid) and it was a 2800 train. They were as noisy as the 29ks, but the suspension was a hell of a lot smoother, and the interconnecting gangways would have been helpful had I needed to search the entire train for a seat as well, but the one thing that struck me the most was how smooth they ran.

A quick look at the cars undersides shows some very old school spring type suspension, that might have a lot to do with it.

It's the 29ks that get my blood boiling.
sean is offline   Reply With Quote