Thread: Train late
View Single Post
Unread 06-02-2008, 22:31   #9
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Tonight's evening Rosslare service was 20mins late arriving into Gorey but its due to the match so we have to accept that .
Apologies if I come across hard ->
I am sick of the standard of the Rosslare line it gets treated unfairly. Just because the line has the least number of passengers which I felt tonight being the only passenger in the last coach. The Rosslare line has to be the worst operated line feel free to disagree but thats what I see everytime I travel on any of its services.
Why was the Rosslare line not up to scratch fro the 201 class locomotives and the mk3 push pull's. Is there actually prove that behond Arklow it cant take the weight of a 201 class. Can the 071 class locomotives not do the push pull mode?
I am sick to the back bone of all services stopping at Tara,Pearse,Dun Laoghaire I know several people that have stopped using the train and who are now driving and in some cases arriving into Dublin much earlier than the train. This is a problem regards the Rosslare line by right Intercity standard should be at least 80m.p.h on every route even if that means tilting the track. This morning on the 08:50 service which by the way was 15mins running late because the driver was driving way to slow. After Bray he was driving if not the same speed from there the rest of the way . I am serioulsy thinking of driving I feel sorry for the passengers that have no choice but to take the train.. Seen alot of people for the bus this morning I think IE should advertise this route when all the new trains come into action. The time keeping on this route is beginning to be very poor the trains are at least 10mins late or 20mins every time - Enough with the padding already!!

I noticed that the trains travel at crawling pace at every level crossing to Connolly and the oppsite direction the gates are closed in good time of the train approaching the level cossing so why does this happen?

I dont want to come across as a mood killer but its so frustrating when it keeps happening.
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote