View Single Post
Unread 02-10-2008, 11:17   #23
ErnestGoodheart
New to the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laois Commuter View Post
Yes, you are paying to get there. You are not necessarily paying for a seat!

You guessed wrong. I do not work for IE, or any other transport company these days, and never have worked in the public transport industry in Ireland. I do however have 35+ years of such experience in the UK, public and private sector, rail and road, operational and customer facing. It was not a cheap jibe - like many, you made a comment on competence of others which you have failed to back up with any indication of your experience, on the basis that you could apparently do better, with no knowledge of the constraints which operators - not just IE - have to work under.

Now, what was your operational experience again?

LC
First off, you stated 'you got where you were going'. As if it was a privelge and I should be in debt to Irish Rail for getting the train from A-B. As Mark says, a travel time of 07:25 - 08:50, 1hr 25Min (Connolly - Wicklow), it is not being unreasonable to expect a seat when it is costing €1,500 a year!

Secondly, my operational experience is irrelevant in this. It is Irish rail's. Fair play to you, you have 35+ experience (Blue Peter badge in the Post). Granted I may not be the same vintage as you, but I have enough experience to know that this is down to poor management of the trains and carraiges.

I don't know what it was like over in the UK, but this is Ireland. And at the end of the day, it is not about thinking I can to better, it is about expecting they do better for the money I am paying.

To much to ask?

Last edited by ErnestGoodheart : 02-10-2008 at 12:13.
ErnestGoodheart is offline   Reply With Quote