View Single Post
Unread 17-01-2009, 16:53   #7
bamurf
New to the board

My latest gripe... the information signs in Heuston. I was at platform 1 at Heuston earlier today waiting for the 15.35 Newbridge train. I had come in from Limerick and my train had been delayed because of debris on the tracks due to the storms so I was expecting delays and understood they would have been inevitable. I was in plenty of time, I got to platform 1 at 15.15 to check the information sign which said it was on time even though it wasn't waiting at the platform so I decided to wait there despite the inclement conditions. Had it been delayed, I'd have gone for a cup of tea or even a hot whiskey in that weather.
Roll on to 15.35, there was no sign of a train but the sign still said it was on time. Low and behold, at 15.36 this sign proclaimed the 15.35 had departed and was soon announcing that the 16.05 was on time. Do IR have some kind of stealth technology?
The train finally arrived in at 15.45, an IR staff member arrived down in a golf cart, I asked him why the sign had said the train had departed when it quite obviously hadn't? His reply was that the signs were not connected to the track!!! I replied that in that case they might as well turn them off.
The train eventually departed at 15.55. If I had known at 15.15 that I'd be waiting for more than half an hour, I wouldn't have hung around on a wet and windy platform. What's more, I'd probably have purchased some (hot) refreshments, adding to IR's profits at a time when they could badly do with them. I'm sure many others would have done the same. Once again IR's incompetance not only pisses off customers but also costs them money.
bamurf is offline   Reply With Quote