View Single Post
Unread 22-09-2009, 10:24   #2
finnyus

I know the East Cork line has a less frequent service than the Maynooth line, but last Friday, the 16:00 Cork - Cobh stopped @ Little Island. About 10 people got on, thinking that it was the 16:15 to Midleton. It was a 2600 train, scrolls broken (showing Tullamore at one end, and nothing at the driving direction end). When the train headed for Fota they knew they were on the train! It does not help that the timetables @ Little Island are for Glounthaune! And the timetables @ Glounthaune are for Little Island! I would love to meet the person that put up those timetables and ask him why? The timetables have been up for about a week before the reopening of the Midleton line.

In Stuttgart, Germany, the tram system is set up that when a tram is entering into its destination terminus, they pass over a sensor which updates the destination display (internally and externally). This goes for the Stuttgart buses as well.

I suppose though, the enhancement of the customer's confusion is just another part of Irish Rail!
finnyus is offline   Reply With Quote