View Single Post
Unread 08-07-2010, 14:11   #78
karlr42

Went for a quick viewing of the documents on display in Pearse today during a break from work. Mark is right, there is a huge amount of documentation on display that would take a commitment to read through fully. Hopefully this bodes well as it shows a lot of effort has been put in by CIE for this to go ahead.

I note though that there seems to be a problem just west of the Inchicore tunnel mouth- the tracks suddenly revert back to 2-tracks. Am I right in saying that the extension of the DART to Hazelhatch is dependent on another railway order expanding the track westward from this area to connect with the 4-track KRP? Having a bottleneck from the end of the KRP to the tunnel mouth can't be the final plan unless DARTs are to terminate in Inchicore.

I also believe there is to be a separated-grade connection off the mainline to the tunnel so that Intercity trains can bypass the tunnel and get to Heuston- the railway order doesn't seem to take account of the interaction between traffic for Heuston and traffic to the tunnel.

On another note, I was the only person to view the documents today, according to the sign-in sheet.
karlr42 is offline   Reply With Quote