View Single Post
Unread 14-02-2011, 00:09   #34
maloner
New to the board

Exclamation 21:00 Mullingar/Sligo

Hi Mark,

I have to complement you and the other contributors of the proposed 2011 timetable - it makes a lot of sence - lets hope those making decisions can take it on board!

I realise your proposal is more focused on the Suburban timetables, however I would be curious if you have any insight into the possiblity of the 21:00 service out of Connolly towards Mullingar/Sligo? It's a real paing having such an early "Last Train".

Will have some Election hopefuls calling by the house this week - so if you have any ammunition I could use to add to lobby would be great.

Thanks

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
A number of things:

- there is no capacity for extra direct services, hence trains going to docklands,
- there is no space for direct trains in the morning between morning maynooth, pace, Longford and Sligo the line is clogged up sort of like the northern line!
- cutting the two morning trains from Longford in half would be a mistake, those are two of the busiest trains in the morning on the maynooth line, the first one only changed from maynooth to Longford at the last timetable
- with regards to the evening services why even still run the 17:15 or 18:17 to Longford if the 17:05 or 18:05 are calling at drumcondra? In fact if you were to cut back the 17:15 and 18:15, there's your 21:00hrs that was cancelled at the last minute a few years back!
maloner is offline   Reply With Quote