View Single Post
Unread 13-06-2011, 23:27   #59
kieran4003
New to the board

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a an actual timetable book for the new timetable like before? I have the last one for the november 2009 timetable which seemed hard to get. I know they probaly arent making one but it is very handy for frequent different travelling. Having loads of different printed pages is annoying! Or even if they dont want to print one it would be a little bit better if they had it avilable as a pdf on the website.

With regards the new Heuston timetable , I think the cork - Dublin times are still poor in most cases. For it to be competitive it needs to be faster. I would think with proper timetabling and small line improvements it should be possible for most services to have say 3 stops and take 2.5 hours.

Of course to reduce the stops on the Cork trains more direct trains to Limerick should run. Surely a 3 car ICR every two hours during the day to limerick would not cost much?

Another issue I have a big gripe about is the lack of overtaking on the 4 track section. It is very annoying getting stuck behind local trains coming out of Dublin! I was looking at the timetable and say deferring/advancing many local trains by 5/10 mins could give great opportunities. Eg. In the evening peak defer 1715 to newbridge to 1720 and it could be overtaken by 1725 to Limerick.

I remember making out a laod of practical suggestions for the timetable - Im a very mathematical person that loves figures and second a well travelled passenger so Id thought Id made great suggestions - But then realised Id missed the consultation period!
kieran4003 is offline   Reply With Quote