View Single Post
Unread 11-12-2011, 23:22   #8
on the move
Regular Poster

Nitelink flat fares are 5 Euro, Night-Luas flat fares are 4 Euro. Whether the Nitelink fares will increase in line with the day fares is a question for another time.

I travel on the nitelink at weekends and have done since Spring this year. Incidents of any kind have been extremely rare. I have travelled on the Red Line Night Luas before in previous years, and tbh it's as comfortable as any other time. There have been no incidents on any tram I've been on, despite high passenger usage. Zero.

Luas doesn't get subsidies because it is the only public transport network in Dublin to be run by a private company. Dublin City is very very busy on weekend nights, there is a market and demand there if Luas wishes to use it. Dublin Bus however cleans up most of that revenue. The Luas should get involved, as high speed transport networks do in most cities across Europe, even more so at this time of the year. If you make facilities available, people will use them. The Customer is always King, and you run a business to suit the customers needs, not your own.

Last edited by on the move : 12-12-2011 at 03:48.
on the move is offline   Reply With Quote