View Single Post
Unread 27-03-2012, 11:03   #8
Thomas Ralph
IT Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IckyThump View Post
is that not unfair and entrapment since the ticket was bought under the impression it can be used with a college id???

i mean if the ticket isnt elligible to use with college id after said date wouldnt it be bettr t just not let people returm at all with said ticket after the 9th???

i jus feel that this little problem is not being advertised and a lot of students who cant afford it will be caught to pay the fine due to incompetence by IR
The advertisement on the website and elsewhere is extremely clear that the offer is valid until April 8th. So yes, people without a Student TravelCard will not be able to return at all with a student-discounted ticket on or after April 9th. I don't see any incompetence here, other than a small lack of forethought that many people might be using the tickets to return to college on Easter Monday.

On our English counterpart forum I would normally add the line "I would expect discretion to be used in these circumstances by revenue protection inspectors" but there's no point doing that for IÉ.

Update: Per Mark below, student return tickets purchased for an outbound journey on or before April 8th will be accepted with a college ID for the return journey within the validity period.

Last edited by Thomas Ralph : 27-03-2012 at 13:25. Reason: Clear up newly inaccurate information
Thomas Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote