View Single Post
Unread 17-05-2012, 17:27   #2
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

They were using 22Ks on dockland services quite some time ago. In the mornings lately, I have seen 22Ks with Maynooth as a destination. This isn't so bad as an outbound service but I really wouldn't fancy a 22K on an inbound service that stops everywhere on the Maynooth line in the morning. Getting on and off must be quite a challenge.

It would be good to see a the replacement of one of the early morning Longford services with a 22k. If they could figure a way of running the 0615 as an express from Maynooth, 3 cars would be plenty and this would free up 8 29k cars for other use.

The same goes in the evening - this set goes down as the 1817 from Connolly and the few times I have used it (maybe 10 times in 8 years of commuting) there have been no more than 20 people on it after Enfield. Its only value is if you manage to miss the 1805 and if it were removed from the timetable and run later it would also help with leafslip delays in the autumn.

In fact, they could probably run this by using the set that runs the 0905 from Connolly to Sligo. Presumably this is the set that runs the 1700 from Sligo, so they could run it to Longford at 21:05 and have it back in Connolly by 0830 to run the 0905.

Well, one can dream! I would love to be able to have a couple of pints with my workmates the odd evening without having to get the 2045 bus or book a hotel.
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote