View Single Post
Unread 20-06-2012, 09:52   #17
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

but that is still only bringing an average of four passengers per train to BB. of those four, a seizable amount probably already use the early Limerick/Cork Trains at Thurles and Templemore anyway. I would be very interested in learning as a fact (not PR dreams) how many NEW passengers this service has attracted. For example, I do not count as a new passenger. Instead of getting the first ex-templemore train I now get the first ex-Roscrea train.

there is a much simpler solution to the line which is centred around getting a train from portlaoise depot to leave BB and serve all stops to limerick as a day long commuter service. IE may even keep their extra commuter from Nenagh. It is not rocket science, and at that early hour doing the complicated up and down at BB to get the train into a starting position should not present a problem.

The basic problem with the line is that the trains left atthe wrong time, in the wrong direction. the 0505 is simply another train leaving at the wrong time in the wrong direction. that is all you have to do, really, to change things, and once people know there is a regular service which is relevent to them it can grow. it really is as simple as that.

so why hasnt this been done? over to IE.....