View Single Post
Unread 16-02-2016, 14:30   #7
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
My understanding is that additional funding has been agreed with the NTA to push the remaining Mark 4 sets back into use to facilitate rolling stock for the service
Not going to happen unless Mark 4 move to other routes, you will not see one on the 05.50 or 06.15 service for a range of reasons including time, demand and requirement of additional service. 07.00 ex Tralee is the only other reliable option for them but give it operates conferrable with a 5 coach commercially running a Mark IV may not add up.

Money shouldn't really be an issue for them as they have done very little work in 10 years.

Quote:
What has been stated is that there will be an hourly off-peak train and two trains per hour at peak times. What's yet to become clear is where these trains will start from on the Kildare line.
Kildare

Quote:
Not true - bear in mind that there are two sets out for the AWS project (a 22k and a 29k) which should be back in general use by then, and bringing the remaining Mark 4 sets back into service will release sets as well.

My understanding is that the NTA are funding that as part of the project.
The AWS 22 set is in full service but cannot be split as both are joined with cabs equipped for AWS. I would imagine the same applies to the 2900?

There is some questionable loads on one or two existing commuter services into Heuston in the mornings. Getting some commuter off Galway/Waterford could free up sets as well.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote