View Single Post
Unread 02-03-2016, 17:51   #6
Inniskeen
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Shields View Post
What utter tosh. If you are travelling from somewhere on the northern DART line to somewhere on the southern DART line, you'll have a change at Pearse, but should still see a significant benefit from increased train paths and reduced conflicts. I agree that widening the northern line would be massively beneficial, and will eventually be necessary, but extra tracks without the interconnector will only provide limited benefit as there's nowhere for extra trains to go at present, while the interconnector would provide huge benefit to the existing network and open up a huge area of the city centre to rail users.

Sorry to dismiss your assertion, but a minor inconvenience to your current journey is not a significant degradation of service.

James
Well James if you are travelling from Howth, Sutton or Bayside to Lansdowne Road you would change twice as I understand these proposals, once at Howth Junction and again at Pearse.

We need a little bit of honesty around DART Underground. Let us see the proposed timetables and journey times. It is mathematically obvious from reading the business plan that passengers from Malahide northwards can anticipate journey time increases to/from the City Centre ranging from a few minutes in the case of Malahide to anything up to half an hour in the case of Drogheda, Dundalk and points north.

Look at what has happened on the south side, what is happenning with Sligo services, almost every timetable produces journey time increases making the railway less and less attractive to longer distance commuters. DART Underground will comprehensively congest the northern line and reduce everything to the average speed of DART, barely 20 mph. Not a great prospect, I am afraid.
Inniskeen is offline   Reply With Quote