View Single Post
Unread 10-10-2014, 14:37   #30
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by berneyarms View Post

OP - I'm certainly not trying to come across as unsympathetic, but you need to raise this at a higher level - i.e. the managers.

Contact them at Customer Relations, Heuston Station, Dublin 8.
That would be the same customer relations team in charge of the Twitter Account?

Let us forget all of our various theories for one moment. Here is a regular passenger. S/he relies upon the train to get to work on time, which has not been happening of late. they would like an explanation. Well, not "an explanation" in Irish Rail terms which appears to consist of pulling any old yarn out of ones arse. they would like the truth. maybe this "truth" thing will allow the passenger to made a decision on using the train to get to work on time on a medium to long term basis.

I have been doing the RUI/P11 gig for well over 10 years and I am still amazed to find that on this board and elsewhere ordinary joes get lectured by know it alls that they should realise a station manager isnt management despite that being his or her title or some other such nit picking twaddle.

the only contact that the vast majority of passengers have with Irish Rail are the station staff in their locality and the ticket checker on the train, not some faceless suit in Heuston. They are entitled to rely upon what those people say as being correct, when it is not correct it is irish rails fault, and nobody else's.

it is not the responsibility of a passenger to run from billy to jack to get to the truth about one little fact. it is the responsibility of irish rail to ensure that the passenger is given the correct information on the spot.

the fact that the twitter account cannot do this either suggests that the lights are on but nobody is at home. it would be interesting to see which version of events customer services plumbs for.

maybe, you know, they could ask the driver. this after all is what the passenger suggested in the first place. but, what would we know, eh?