View Single Post
Unread 05-12-2012, 16:50   #45
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowlingm View Post
Well, the two last sets have yet to come on board and the Nenagh 22K is no longer required so maybe there's scope to find one. I think if you're looking at extending north of Thurles it would be madness not to use equipment that can use the trackage while at the same time extending the deadhead. Assuming that a 22K could shave off a couple of minutes from the Thurles-Limerick Junction-Limerick schedule compared to the 28 then you could add a Templemore stop to that outlined in my previous post.

There might be some implications once you hit Limerick since it looks like that equipment may link onto an Ennis commuter rather than a Galway intercity but as usual where there's a will there's a way.
i think the 22k taken from limerick is going to galway/westport/athlone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2k9 View Post
Shortage of ICR's is not a problem it just the current way they are rostered that can case a shortage of sorts.

Only issue that may come with ICR in the future is how many Cork services they may take over if any. As far as I know one ICR is still currently replacing a Mark 4 set weather that will change in Jan is the question as the services being replaced by ICR seres most stops to Cork and with this reducing Jan it could change.
I dont think this will happen, as the idea is that the Cork Route is a brand, and it is only with cost cutting that they use 22ks. this may stop now with the new schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowlingm View Post
The problem with the Mk4 is that IE will ONLY use them Dublin-Cork, so then if they exceed capacity they are parked and 22Ks used where they could be elsewhere. Maybe some thought should be given to deploying one or more on peak services elsewhere. Given the looming DD refurb one might even consider making a difficulty into an opportunity, with a slight rewiring to the DVTs.
I believe that the 22k's only are used on predictably low usage services, or in dire emergencies.