View Single Post
Unread 03-11-2008, 14:47   #4
jpsartre
New to the board

I was referring to the Thomondgate side of Kileely (correct spelling this time?) to the east of Kileely road, that is, the road between Watch House Cross Sq. and Hassett's cross as it is marked on the linked map above. On second viewing the line drifts quite a bit north of this area where it crosses the long pavement, (i.e. the road between the S.A.C and the 'proposed wetland') and it may not be such a great advantage to put a platform there but my main point was to get some discussion going about the proposed station and how it would benefit the city as a whole. To Mark, who did you have contact with? Point taken about the local authorities not getting their act together but I don't accept no one here is interested. The potential for a rail service in Limerick city based on the existing track infrastructure is fantastic it seems to me, but awareness of this asset and its potential among the general public is very very low. The traffic situation in Limerick is so chronic now that people, ordinary people fed up with a failing city transport system (incl. yours truly) are ready for a novel solution and I'd appreciate it if you would elaborate more on the plans and costings you alluded to in your previous post.
jpsartre is offline   Reply With Quote