View Single Post
Unread 15-11-2008, 13:51   #15
jpsartre
New to the board

jister

He didn't give specifics and I didn't ask him for any. I just asked him about the limerick-ennis service and how happy they were with the uptake. He said they were more than happy with it and then added that the Sixmilebridge station (without my prompting) will be open next year. Note, he did not actually say it was 'on course' as I posted earlier, just that it would be opened next year.

Victor

Not quite sure what you mean by under used institutional land but Moyress is a very large residential area on the edge of the city. I don't see the parallel with Monasterevin. It may be a burden on the system to add another stop there but my concern is with the current lack of capacity on the roads. IE's reluctance to consider a stop in Moyress because short journeys are not lucrative for them simply means the roads will have to take up the slack and that's just not sustainable. Maybe the RPA were right a few years ago when they suggested a Luas for cities like limerick. A very expensive proposition though.
jpsartre is offline   Reply With Quote