View Single Post
Unread 19-12-2007, 21:29   #10
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Ryan View Post
Interesting topic. I agree that all Rosslare services should stop and start from one of the city centre stations. These trains could be taken in for cleaning and servicing then returned to the platform 10min before departure.

However I do see the value of operating the Gorey/Enniscorthy services to and from Maynooth as I know there are a number of students commuting to and from collage in Maynooth and the service is really usefull for them.

The 1740 Rosslare to Drogheda and 0630 Drogheda to Rosslare operate more or less to get the trains to servicing at Drogheda depot. It makes more sense than stopping the train in Dublin then run it empty to the depot.

Ed
10mins would be good for me but I would perfer 20mins but 10 I'II settle for .
Gorey/Enniscorthy Commuter services yes they are fine as they are its InterCity, I think should terminate at Connolly.
The 17:40 Rosslare/Drogheda they are Commuter Railcars so they are fine going to Drogheda for service. Hence why does the 20:05 Enniscorthy/Dublin just go to Conolly at not also to Drogheda Depot. But when the new 22000 trains come into action then they should go no futher than Connolly unless of course its the last service from Rosslare then it may go to where-ever they go for servicing.
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote