View Single Post
Unread 02-01-2012, 19:45   #6
Destructix
Really Regular Poster

Nobody wants to see the Nenagh line close but all the money they have pumped into this line so far has gone into a big black hole. Slight improvements of speeds in parts according to one my mates who uses this line, but with falling passenger numbers and the high costs of maintenance/upgrading its just like burning money in the stove, money that could have gone on other lines like the Limerick Junction-Waterford line which had more than double the amount of customers and could attract a lot more commuters from Templemore/Thurles if fares were reduced and they added more trains. .

It’s said that the train on this line sometimes turns back at Birdhill because no other passengers are on the train going to Nenagh apparently.

Although he will be returned to the Dail, I can't see Alan Kelly doing as well as he did last year in the poles in 2014 for this.

I would love to know what he is thinking about sitting at his desk in the Department of Transport and if any arguments have happened between him and Leo Varadkar over this.
Destructix is offline   Reply With Quote