View Single Post
Unread 06-09-2016, 22:45   #8
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
What specific changes would people like?
This appears to only be a temp schedule to get it up on running. I would expect another in 2017 when PPT is expanded and they cut IC times.

Quote:
The seem to not be stopping the PPT trains at Platform 10 and it seems Kishogue isn't opening.
They can't...

Quote:
One of the early morning Limerick Colbert to Heuston services should start at Ennis. Based on the draft timetable, the earliest arrival in Heuston from Ennis is 09:47 (via Athenry).
I don't see any radical changes such as a remove possibility of an Ennis link as it's incredibility difficult because of the 40 minute single track journey. The only way you could fit it in would be converting the 05.55 Galway to an ICR and joining up the regular 06.40 set and run to Ennis at 05.10 and split continuing to Galway and the return to Heuston departing at 05.55. You then have platfrom issues and all. I don't think they can do much as the 05.55 is a big commuter in Galway and the 06.50 to Limerick from Ennis is probally a busy commuter service and touching them could cost IE more than a direct Dublin service is worth.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote