Thread: New Timetable
View Single Post
Unread 08-12-2009, 08:08   #210
Oisin88

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMB LOCO View Post
Nonsense the service is not that bad and a book timetable is, and always has been, an indespensable item - not all of us are living in the Greater Dublin Area.
Yes the service is that bad. 100% of the trains have been late for me since the new timetable. My annual ticket doesn't work in the barriers. There is thousands of euro of ticket barriers in heuston and a booking system on the galway line which are not being used. Service has disimproved. Trains are smaller. Catering is abysmal and unpredictable, frequently run out of even basic things like boiling water for teas/coffees, no sandwiches on lunchtime trains towards Dublin. Ridiculous padding in the timetables. Stupid vouchers as refunds for late trains when I have an annual ticket and if I need another ticket will buy it online. A rail company that pretends to consult the public by just telling them what they are going to do and refusing to look at any other options. New trains that are much bumpier. No space for bicycles. Timetables with no apparent logic... Pretending to be implementing clockface timetabling, but then only doing it at terminus stations. JOurney times longer than by road. No integration between trains and buses, or even between trains and trains. Bizarre ticketing arrangements, including a €6 add on to get to Connolly from Heuston!

Nobody has yet given a proper answer as to why the book is indispensable. Also, given that most of the population do live in the Dublin area, and what difference does that make anyway? The new timetable seems to be an unmitigated disaster in many other ways, with alot more waiting around for signals. And Ronald, despite you calling me "snide" you still have not made a clear case for the ****ing book.

Last edited by Oisin88 : 08-12-2009 at 08:08. Reason: bad grammar
Oisin88 is offline   Reply With Quote