View Single Post
Unread 04-08-2009, 16:37   #7
Traincustomer

Default Foot passenger traffic has not collapsed...

I'm very surprised by some of the comments posted here considering there has been a marked rise in people availing of SailRail, as highlighted publically by Irish Ferries earlier this year. Not only on the Irish Sea but if one looks to Stena Line on the Harwich to Hook of Holland service they have this year recorded a stunning 39% increase in carryings SailRail - it's known as the DutchFlyer there.

Having used the connection over the years I plan to continue doing so as a matter of personal choice. I respect others who don't see the merit of this option and prefer the air at all times but there are two sides to every story.
I fully support good rail links to airports and go by air to places further afield than the UK.

Hopefully the current timetable is a mere "bad" one - I honestly hope it is not part of a more sinister plan to dismantle services altogether. Anyone setting out to deliberately dismantle the service at this time when the economy is so bad should be very ashamed and be aware that their ill-conceived actions could put many out of work including themselves. No business can take their customers for granted in this climate and things I feel are set to become much worse yet economy-wise. Every customer counts; the orgainisation that forgets that in 2009 Ireland does that at their peril.

Last edited by Traincustomer : 04-08-2009 at 16:40.
Traincustomer is offline   Reply With Quote