View Single Post
Unread 22-03-2014, 11:17   #16
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

On a related note, I noticed an odd thing about the TVM in Edgeworthstown after my wife had given up on getting a day return from it this morning. There are three quick options for buying a ticket and they are all open returns to Connolly (Adult, Student and I can't remember the third - possibly child).

To buy a day return to Connolly which is 10 euro cheaper and probably the most commonly bought ticket requires something like 8 taps on the screen and it isn't particularly simple.

Now, I'm sure all of the genius TVM operators with years of experience using these machines will say that it is the customer's fault here in being stupid but I think this is a bit off. I can't but help think that the options have been deliberately set up so as to upsell the odd unnecessary open return ticket.

When my wife went in to buy a ticket in the office after she had given up, the guy there said he gets that all the time where people can't figure out how to buy a day return. He said that you should use use the ticket office when it's open but that is probably somewhat motivated by wanting to keep his job.
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote