View Single Post
Unread 14-02-2006, 08:51   #1
Kildare Commuter
New to the board

Default Kildare Line Problems

Just a note to record the degradation in Kildare line services over recent months.

1st: While I welcomed the introduction of the 0515 service from Athlone, stopping in most of the Kildare line stops, the fact that it is normally freezing does not help. I think that the Cravens really show up this useful service. I took this train on the 1st Feb and I think it was colder on the train than outside, this despite the helpful ticket inspector telling passengers it was warmer closer to the Gen Van.

This morning, lights/heating were not working on most of the train and it was held in Kildare. The 29000 0645 service halted at the DOWN platform and the Portlaoise crossed in the middle road. The 0515 was held in Kildare until 0645 when it worked non-stop to Heuston.

Yesterday, 13th Feb, the 0645 29000 failed on the Curragh, leaving the passengers waiting for the earlybird from Waterford. Also, on Thursday last, the 0645 29000 failed at Newbridge, causing delays and requiring passengers transfer to the 0645 from Carlow.
Kildare Commuter is offline   Reply With Quote