View Single Post
Unread 29-08-2007, 22:24   #6
Derek Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
To be honest I think that IE can deal with this by educating passengers with a few advertisements. because its amazing how blind passengers are to reality on the railways.
I made the point in another thread about IE advertising more in the area of safety and customer service initiatives. This is an area Im very interested in and an area that IE fails everytime.

I suggest that Barry Kenny and his well paid department take a long hard look at their remit. Good TV campaigns, backed up by on the ground organisation, can make a huge difference. But IE would rather spend fortunes on reminding farmers to close accomodation crossings, so poor little lambs don't get killed. In a day and age, where rail journies are on the rise, overcrowding is rampant and the general experience of rail travel is unpleasant for many, its about time that IE spent some of the cash on relevent ad campaigns that help passengers to help themselves. Its about awareness. No more stupid PR bull**** with Craig Doyle. More safety and customer service driven campaigns. Or both. They have the dosh. Full stop.
Derek Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote