View Single Post
Unread 12-12-2011, 12:40   #117
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

Despite the minister claiming otherwise, you can expect problems when using Dublin Bus. The RUI test group hit problems on a number of buses on Friday afternoon. Driver training in Dublin Bus is in our opinion weak and many are not confident in using the system. Its improving but it will take time.

For most bus users they will still have to board drivers side (if paying 2.10 or less), if thats you here is our 'crash course' in using leap on Dublin Bus featuring all you need to train the driver while you get your ticket.

Place card on the target on the front of the drivers ticket machine, the balance should be displayed on the 2 line display
  • To issue a normal fare, driver pushes same button as normal no change
  • To issue a city centre/shopper fare, driver pushes square button, then 3rd or 4th button down (depends on route) and from there as normal
  • You don't get a paper ticket if you do you have been double charged, insist on the spot the driver reverses the transaction (very limited time window to do this)

When the transaction is complete you should
  1. See the stage name, stage number and fare deducted displayed
  2. See a green light and a hear a beep
Remove the card at this point

Known problems
  • The red light is lit on the front of the machine -> It won't work you should be allowed travel for free
  • The display on the drivers machine is blank or unreadable -> Known issue will still work
  • I heard no beep -> Some of the ticket machines have the beep turned off
  • Driver tried and tried and all I got is a huge ticket with my history -> Either driver error or system broken

Last edited by Mark Gleeson : 12-12-2011 at 16:09.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote