Thread: Six-car sets
View Single Post
Unread 11-07-2008, 20:52   #32
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
But Mk3 coaches are not suitable for the Rosslare line, few problems with platforms, locomotives, and accessibility

The new trains are ordered curiously a few weeks after we had a meeting with IE, there are staff training issues due to the ongoing shortage of staff, combined with a delay in the trains arriving means they missed the 2008 timetable. There is a huge change coming in December 2008 current Rosslare timetable is merged with Dublin suburban so you can't use Mk3 coaches

Whats killing Rosslare is the horribly slow journey and dodgy frequencies not the trains
Quote:
Originally Posted by sublimity View Post
Its been 4 years now since those horrible bright green commuter railcars arrived on the wexford line.they've outstayed their welcome. time for the new 22ks to be introduced NOW. or put some mark 3 trains on this line in the meantime because there must be free sets available with all the 22ks being introduced on every other flippin line
Its funny you mentioned this as I've just said this to myself today its been four years since the replacement of the mk2 intercity set with the 2700 flippin commuters and I agree they have OUTSTAYED their welcome. Even those 5car mk3 p/p set with the 071 class locomotive but Mark as you've said a number a problems arise with the suburban services. Freqenices are not good enough as I've said this today to a Gorey counselor. I would love to get people to do a survey on what times they would like and problems they want to be looked into.
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote