View Single Post
Unread 24-12-2011, 08:37   #25
ajdunlop
New to the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
Irish Rail does not have a license to use the internal Northern Irish timetable so only Enterprise served stations are shown (all of which are bookable provided the origin is from the Republic of Ireland). Northern Irish railways do not support reservations in any shape or form so booking makes no difference.

This issue is under discussion with Irish Rail

Irish Rail booking offices can issue tickets to any Northern Irish destination upon request
I don't think that is good enough. If Translink have access to IÉ timetables I'm sure Translink would be willing to make theirs available if threatened with the removal of access to IÉ's.
Also I believe Translink website offers reduced fares for the NIR bit when part of an Enterprise journey.
Also for visitors to Ireland this isn't very good, many will probably assume that they can get details for trains for the whole of Ireland on the site of Irish Rail.
I think the fact that you can't reflects the same disinterest IÉ show in cooperating with NIR on running the Enterprise. I would argue that with a bit more connected thinking and promotion the Enterprise could be made more successful making infrasturcture upgrade costs more justifiable.
ajdunlop is offline   Reply With Quote