View Single Post
Unread 16-04-2008, 15:18   #2
dermo88

Hes not exactly qualified to talk, considering he was transport minister for 3 years. What happened during that period?

Shall we have a look?

The track was rotten on almost all the radial main lines from Dublin, with little or no improvement. The network had an uncertain future.
No new signalling.
The Nenagh branch was not even important. It was earmarked for closure. It barely survives today, and even so, its only surviving for political reasons.
Dodgy pathetic outdated loco hauled trains bouncing their way down this very line, providing a very expensive arcade ride at taxpayers expense for trainspotters.....thats exactly what was going on while Mr Lowry was transport minister.
The loop at Cloughjordan was declared unfit for use by the permanent way inspector, while Mr Lowry was transport minister.

I could say a lot more unpleasant and unsavoury things about Mr Lowry, especially in the light of his treatment of management in CIE and Iarnrod Eireann after his appointment in 1994, amongst other semi state companies. His motives were questionable, and he was the new kid on the block, impatient, in a hurry, trying to go too far too fast. But like a lot of new kids, learning new tricks, this one got caught.

In return, I would like to ask Mr Lowry some questions, but this forum, is not the place for that. I'd stay very quiet and keep my head down in the back of the class, if I were Mr Lowry.

As an independent TD, he is grasping at straws here in order to maintain and retain some form of credibility. Its amusing more than anything else.

Last edited by dermo88 : 16-04-2008 at 15:38.
dermo88 is offline   Reply With Quote