View Single Post
Unread 05-03-2012, 07:45   #45
IckyThump
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACustomer View Post
Icky Thump: There was a prolonged closure of Limerick Junction-Tipperary during the resignalling of the Junction; there have also been recent closures of Carrick-CLonmel for track works. So its not all Clonmel-Tipp. Also remember that Clonmel -Tipp is by far the longest block section on the line, about 25 miles,and about twice as long as the next longest.

Having said that, the repeated daytime track possessions can by annoying. But the alternatives are probably too costly.
i get that. i do. but im getting the feeling that im now been forced to pay twice the cost that i paid prior to the increase and the service remains inept.

if i thought there was light at the end of the preverbial tunnel id be smiling but the truth is these works arent changing a thing. we still wont have a proper service and we will still pay a ridiculous amount to fund dublin projects

if they just came out and said what they have planned for the future of the line it might make people happier or more confident in the service. tell us if ther one day will be a sunday sevice, an increase in service or even the facility to book online. im not being greedy here. im not begging for a service car or broadband or even a direct train. im just saying try to improve and bring customers in.............................

if they gave me one week in charge i would fix the whole bloody line.

1) ADVERISE. by god i dont think irish rail even know this line exists let alone passengers. whats wrong with putting an advert in the limerick Post or the Waterford star or any other source of media that will alert people. why have they never advertised to the TRAVEL DEPRTMENT in the colleges???

2) directly compete with bus eireann. the ticket prices where €1.50 cheaper than the bus. now they are €8 more expensive!!!!!

3) stop ripping customers off by forcing students to buy a travel saver card................. "you can save money if you pay for this...................." genius

4) let people know the train exists. not just with the advertising but let people get their fares calculateonline like other lines, let people book online

5) change the times!!!!!! i use the 7.55am Limerick-waterford quiet a bit. itsok for me buthow is this train handy for a commuter?? these trains should be arriving in Limerick and Waterford for 8.30am. sure it means 6am first train but more people would use a train that would actually get them there on time.

Limerick - waterford. trains should be running at the following times leaving both stations
mon-sat (6am-8.30am) (10am-12.30am) (2pm- 4.30pm) (6pm- 8.30pm)
sun (9am-11.30am) (7pm- 9.30pm)

that the way the trains should be run. no excuses. staff will work. at every small station on the line electronic ticket checkers should be placed(saves cash in the long run).

without even checking the dublin-cork times im sure that hey wouldnt be far off meeting the above times without massive alterations

they can blame anyone they want or make excuses such as its not up to us to do this or that. its all bull. its a mater of giving a toss. its a matter of giving a shread of respect to the people paying through their eyes for this depleted service
IckyThump is offline   Reply With Quote