Evening commuter train from Limerick:
If the 16.55 Limerick - Nenagh - Ballybrophy was deferred to, for instance, 17.50 arriving into Ballybrophy at 19.46:
* no apparent pathing issue with a 17.50 departure ex Colbert.
* 17.20 Cork to Dublin would not necessarily need to serve Ballybrophy.
* 18.20 Cork to Dublin could instead call at Ballybrophy (circa 20.00).
* Connection to branch would be available from 19.00 Heuston - Cork (arr. Ballybrophy 19.59).
* Branch train could depart at 20.03 (with allowance to wait if needs be).
Don't know whether this would affect gatekeepers' shifts or if there are other issues/ constraints.
Plus-side is a timing from Limerick likely to suit the vast majority - slight downside passengers coming from Dublin finished business at 5/5.30 may have a slightly longer wait in Dublin than is ideal.
Last edited by Traincustomer : 28-03-2013 at 14:53.
Reason: extra detail