View Single Post
Unread 24-03-2016, 12:23   #5
Deedsie
New to the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Howard View Post
This is a pretty common pattern over the entire network. Aside from the Cork line, journey times are increasing almost everywhere. This is partially due to the idiotic 10 minute DART timetable but there must be a degree of accumulated maintenance deficit involved.

The new timetable pushes my commute outside of the threshold of tolerability and I'm going to have to figure another plan after nearly 13 years of commuting.

The reality is that unless there is significant investment and improvement in journey times, Irish Rail may as well just start shutting lines down because it is a waste of money pouring operational subsidies into services that are no use to anyone. One could be forgiven for suspecting this is the plan anyway.
I can see the Phoenix Park Tunnel line being an absolutely astounding success. A relatively small investment for huge rewards.

Maybe this should lead to a long term project of upgrading the entire rail network to an agreed standard. I think this would be a good use of national infrastructure capital? What would the opinions here be?

Last edited by Deedsie : 24-03-2016 at 12:31.
Deedsie is offline   Reply With Quote