View Single Post
Unread 24-10-2006, 18:26   #14
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

One of biggest issues we hear about is overcrowded trains and seat booking

If I could book I would avoid the queue in Heuston and crazy need to stand there for 1 hour plus. You are rightly stuck if you board beyond the starting station.

The system should favour the organised, you can book up to departure time but in reality about 60-50 minutes before hand will ensure your name over the seat. There is no cost to book which is good and booking available on all ticket except social welfare since they are not bookable and are sold only on day of travel thats not set by IE

The electronic booking system can rebook the same seat so if I book C33 Dublin Thurles someone else can book C33 Thurles Cork

There is talk of off peak discounts if you pre book, it is unlikely that full seat booking will be enforced except a very busy times

Only 1 coach is normally bookable and that coach has a clear sticker just above the windows which says do not occupy these seats unless you have a reservation. That satisfies the legal requirement under SI 109 1984 to give notice a seat is reserved and thus you could get fined for not moving
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote