View Single Post
Unread 24-01-2008, 14:03   #12
ThomasJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hennessy View Post
So new timetable, new issues that never existed before.

The 19:05 ex Connolly is now scheduled to reach Maynooth at 19:35, whereas last Friday the same train was scheduled to arrive at Maynooth at 19:28.

So far, less improvement.

Now one of the new services ex Sligo, possibly 17:00 is due to arrive Maynooth at 19:34taking up one of the platforms.

The other platform is also taken up with the train that is the 19:50 Maynooth Pearse.

This evening, we arrived outside Maynooth at 19:27 as per the experience from the last number of months on this service.

We waited 11 minutes before an announcement was made about the delay and eventually crawled into the station at 19:47 12 minutes late (19 mins late according to last Fridays timetable) due to the late arrival of the train ex Sligo.

I forsee this being the norm from now on alas and as its my usual commute home, i'll gladly help Irish Rail compile the punctuality stats for my portion of the journey.
Was at Clonsilla the other night and the 19:20 Docklands Clonsilla arrived into platform 2 a few minutes late. Rather than head down to the sidings, it remained on the platform to run the 19:52 Clonsilla Connolly. The gates closed at 19:53 and a few minutes later an inbound Sligo intercity train flies passed clonsilla. Then it is the turn of the 19:52 to depart about 5 minutes late and then the 19:29 Pearse Maynooth which was stuck outside Clonsilla because the 19:52 was using platform 2.

Add a bit of agro from motorists due to the gates being closed that long and 3 trains passing during that time.

[sorry for posting off-topic just thought i'd point out the trouble some of the new timings are causing]

Last edited by ThomasJ : 24-01-2008 at 14:05.
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote