View Single Post
Unread 01-09-2012, 17:45   #26
Ronald Binge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas J Stamp View Post
i echo a lot of james howards long post, but this is not a piece form the blue by Treacy Hogan, undoubtedly this is, like in government departments, a fishing exercise to see what will be opposed and what will not be.

i have found that the train is totally unsuitable for any more than myself on a trip, so i differ from james in that respect. also, as the fuel prices go up we will see more innovation from car manufacturers to keep up with affordability, last time oil prices went crazy we suddenly had all the major manufacturers making hybrid cars. now we have hybrid diesels, we have electric cars and charging points on roads. we will not be getting new trains till 2030/2040 (apart from the replacement of the Enterprise, which may allow parrellel replacement of the Mark4's to allow a common loco/power car pulled rolling stock).

one easy way of enticing people in is to give a rebate/discount on car parking for train users. its very easily done.
Charging for parking in empty stations surely makes no commercial sense whatsoever. It should be scrapped outside the GDA.
Ronald Binge is offline   Reply With Quote