View Single Post
Unread 19-09-2012, 12:45   #3
karlr42

Looks fairly good to me, sensible changes made.

All the services I take currently remain unchanged expect for minor changes. The 9.40 and 11.40 Maynooth-Pearse services, in my experience, almost always have a delayed depature from Maynooth to allow an inbound Sligo train ahead and are consequently usually 5-10 minutes late at intermediate stations, so pushing them 5 minutes later is a good idea - in that it will be good for delay statistics.

The changes to the M3 off peak schedule means that customers from Clonsilla inwards are reverting back to an hourly service outside of the peaks, which is very crap and ridiculous for a commuter railway. The extra services to Connolly were handy and fairly well used from the D15 stations. Oh well.

The latest train out of the city centre is still early, but it now has a connection to M3 Parkway, which is great. Last train on a Sunday is still very early, but again has a connection. IE definitely seem to be trying to make the most out of the underused branch in this timetable, which is great. The loss of same platform interchange in favour of crossing over a footbridge to the bay platform will probably be grumbled about by some though.

I don't use the Sligo service, but am I reading right that the 1700 and 1900 from Sligo are amalgamated into a 1800? Seems like a noticeable drop in service to me, but I'll defer to people with more experience.

Last edited by karlr42 : 19-09-2012 at 12:51.
karlr42 is offline   Reply With Quote